Friday, September 8, 2017

The year approaches...

I wrote on this blog for like FOREVER ago as a sort of therapy while I waited for my inventory to arrive. Because LuLa had experienced a high volume of people signing up at the same time I did, they were overwhelmed with new consultants and it took 90 days for me to get mine. That was kinda tortuous. And when I say torturous what I mean by that is that I was going a little nutty. They have it down to a 2 week wait period now. Go figure.

My first pair of leggings. I bought them after I signed up from my sponsor. I hardly ever wear them anymore because I have so many others that are my favorite.

Once I got my inventory, I took off running and I didn't stop until February. February is the beginning of the Blackhurst birthday season, so I needed to put some effort into making my family know how much I love them for a bit. I decided then that I would slow down a bit to focus on family during the slower retail months. Here are those amazing people in a strictly LuLaRoe photo shoot.







Todd, my number one supporter, whom I lovingly refer to as my "accountant" because he helps with my books...but he's actually an engineer in case you didn't know.


In the (almost) year I've been with LuLa, I've learned a lot. I've made some mistakes, of course. For example, I've posted on my FB group and had zero responses (true story) and I've posted and received well over 100. I'm still working on the nuances of FB...and they keep changing the rules, so that makes it SO FUN.

This is a picture of me when I received my actual call. My BFF was there to take the picture...that is the face of pure excitement.


I decided I would give you the top 3 things that I have learned over my year. Some lessons were harder to learn than others, but one thing remains- I've loved my experience with LuLaRoe. I've gotten to know some really amazing people, worn some pretty awesome threads, and learned a lot about myself along the way...and I guess that was all worth that 90 day wait. ;)

Ugly things will sell.
One of the things people are shocked to hear is that I typically don't get to pick out the actual items in my store. I pick the product and size- and then hope for the best.  I'll admit it, there are times when I pull something out of my box and throw a mini temper tantrum...but wouldn't you know it, they still sell! Why? Because not everyone dresses just like me, and that's just fine with me!
I wanted to show that I could wear *almost* any size Julia dress and pull it off. Some of these dresses I hadn't paid any attention to but when I put them on, I realized they had some real potential!

Do what you love best.
People sell clothes in lots of different ways. In my year I have invited people to my house, brought all my clothes to THEIR house, I've done LIVE sales, I've videoed-and-posted sales, I've done fund raisers, brought leggings to my dentist office, and even set up a booth right next to a group of rescue dogs....that was memorable. But there's one way of selling that I love best, and that's selling LIVE with my buddy, Taryn French.

We had so much fun doing it together that we created our own FB group, just for live shows. So if you are available Monday & Tuesday nights, be ready for a good laugh. Taryn and I are funny people when we are by ourselves, but when we are together, we are kinda a riot. Our shows haven't brought in a lot of sales, but they are just as much fun as these pictures...and almost every show I have to tell myself to stop laughing. Fashion advice, friendship, and a lot of laughter...not much else can top that. Also, there may or may not be a video of me wearing a batman mask out there...but those were the early days.
Taryn and I just started offering FREE personalized styling sessions. A whole wardrobe designed with 1 person in mind for FREE. It's pretty much the best thing ever. We have had so much fun styling these together and they're FREE- did I mention that already?
People. I love them.
The thing that I have learned/loved the most is working with people. I cannot tell you how happy it makes me feel when I help someone pick something out and they come out of the dressing room feeling like a million bucks. The first time it happened I was at an Open House in my neighborhood. One of my sweet friends dropped by who had always wanted to try on the Carly dress. She had recently lost some weight, so she wasn't sure the size. I helped her figure that out and off she went to try it on. When she came out she was GLOWING. She was so happy to find something that she felt beautiful in and I was so happy to be there to experience it.


They say that you are the VIBE in your TRIBE. I've seen a lot of consultants complain about things happening in their group. I always feel really fortunate because honestly, my tribe is awesome. I am SO grateful for all the people that have supported me in this journey.


Lastly, I just wanted to give a little plug...for those of you who haven't really tried LuLaRoe, I get it. When I was introduced to it by my sister Heather, I thought it was OK- but I wasn't impressed with the quality of the pictures, I didn't get the sizing, and honestly- I thought it was a little over-priced. Since then, I realize that taking awesome pictures is a lot harder than it looks...so ask questions if you are unsure of the pattern or need a close-up. The sizing is hilariously crazy, but I know my styles and can help you find the right size, it is after all what I DO! And as far as the price, it took me a while to be OK with the idea that I was WORTH it. The clothes are quality. They have a happiness guarantee. Just try somethings out and see what styles look best on YOU, and I assure you- you'll understand what all the hype is about.

Thanks for the memories, y'all. Let's keep them coming.
xoxo,
Lindsey

Facebook group link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/shop.with.linz/?ref=group_cover
Taryn & Linz LIVE group link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FrenchieAndLinz/?ref=group_cover
Instagram Account: shop.with.linz
Twitter: LuLaRoeShopWithLinz
Hashtags: #shopwithlinz & #ishopwithlinz

No comments:

Post a Comment