Thursday, September 1, 2016

It's OK to buy shredded cheese...

I remember the first time I heard the news.  I was at one of my friend's Pampered Chef party and we were putting together meals.  It was really fun, actually. Anyways- the lady was telling us that the shredded cheese that you buy in the store has added chemicals to keep it from clumping- and therefore it is better to buy blocks of cheese and shred it yourself...and then she tried to show us how great the Pampered Chef one is...etc,etc... I remember thinking:

It's not that I couldn't naturally deduce that myself, but I had never put any effort into it. I had bought shredded cheese since college because it was easier and I had no desire to add that step.

I'm not sure what the timeline was but LATER I was reading Pioneer Woman's blog- before Ree became the mega-star she is today (I love you Ree Drummond!) and she begged her readers to shred their own cheese! I was like, PEOPLE! At that time I had 2 little tornadoes at home and I was a MAJOR crafting blogger...at least in my head. I didn't have time to shred my cheese. I hardly had time to take a SHOWER. You can keep your shredder, thank you.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/broccoli-with-cheese-sauce/


Now fast forward many years.  Add 3 more kids to the mix.  Those oldest 2 are 11 & 10 and amazing helpers. Life is crazy but good- with an emphasis on crazy, ha. I wouldn't have it any other way- but get this. I shred my cheese now. I'll let you process that a moment.

Need more time?

Yes- I shred my own cheese now.  I'll hold for applause. 

Still holding. (Bwahahahah!)

With a family of 7 people that are constantly asking me to do this or that, I finally feel like I have matured to the level of a cheese grater.  Now please, do NOT get me wrong.  Sometimes I'll do a recipe that requires a cheese that I usually don't buy and I say- let's do this the easy way, mister. Pre-shredded please and thank you.

WHY am I telling you this? WHY should you care? And for heaven's sake- what does this have to do with fashion?!!!


It wasn't her season.

 Or hers...
 Or hers...
 And certainly not hers...haha! I can't help it, I love this picture.

BUT it is hers...



My season to what, exactly? My season to make time for things that matter to me. Time to make a little more time for myself, even if it requires getting out of bed a little earlier. My time to set my priorities in order- ya know? And actually, it really doesn't have anything to do with CHEESE, although I am a big fan. It's a season for me- not in a forget-your-kids-they're-on-their-own way, but more of a they-need-to-see-me-as-a-person kind of way- and Lularoe is doing that for me. Maybe it can do it for you too. That's your call, but I can help!

I'm not sure what season you're in, there are so many! I hope that whatever stage it is, that eventually you'll get to that point where it feels authentic in your skin.  It's a good feeling.  Even if there's shredded cheese in your fridge {heehee}.

No comments:

Post a Comment