Wednesday, August 24, 2016

The Big Fat WHY

One of my friends called me today. Love her. She started off her conversation by saying- OK, help me understand this whole Lularoe thing. What is taking so long? What made you decide to do this?

Bless. First of all, it's taking forever because last year there were only a few thousand consultants in the whole company, this year there are tens of thousands- so they are experiencing a lot of growth and it's taking a while, as you can imagine. I know this because despite the fact that I have crossed fingers AND toes- my call to order my initial inventory still has not come and I signed up over a month ago- but I am not without hope!
One of the big deals with Lularoe is what they call "your why".  The thing that will motivate you to keep moving and working when the going gets tough- so I thought I would share with you my why...but first, a story.

Did you know that I played soccer? OK, I kinda still play.


Well I don't play as well as I used to because I am OLD...but that's another blog post (which will never be written because hello? Depressing!) The picture above is of one of my teams- The American Eagles, way before the clothing store was around.  I'm on the bottom row, 2nd to the left. I began playing when I was 8 and have played off and on my whole life. 

In case you don't have first hand experience, let me tell you- soccer is year-round. You have a month off here and there, but there is no real off-season. Playing soccer on a competitive team is a major commitment and I LOVED it. Every Saturday my parents would load me and my gear into the car and we would go wherever our next game was...for years, without an off season. In all the years I played soccer, my parents only missed one game. Just one. 

Now as a parent I realize what a tremendous sacrifice they made for my passion. I come from good people. I hope I make them proud.

OK- back on track. My WHY.  Here they are:






The whole idea started out as a simple desire. My husband does an amazing job of supporting our family.  We live in a beautiful home, own 2 vehicles, have nice clothes and food on our table.  We want for nothing. However, having 5 children is expensive and unexpected things pop up and set us back on our financial goals. I'm fairly certain we refer to this as LIFE. Can I get an AMEN?

I have found that as the children get older they want to DO things with their life.  Piano lessons, flute lessons, gymnastics, violin lessons- lots of lessons!  No soccer, but I can live with that. Haaaaaaaaaa. And since our money tree hasn't started growing in the back yard yet- I really felt the need to help where I could...so I started thinking.  I looked into lots of options. I did some research. I prayed. I felt a little lost. I prayed some more. Then BAM- that idea that I had thrown around a bit in this noggin' came clearly in my head.  And here I am, typing to you instead of dusting my ceiling fan (which by the way is SUPER dusty).

My WHY is financial, kinda. I want to stay home with my little bitties. I want to be at the crossroads when my older children need a ride, need a hug, or need a gentle reminder that they haven't done their laundry in 2 weeks. (Ew.) I also want to help them reach their dreams...and that, often, requires a little extra.

So to recap- my WHY is to give my kids the same experiences I got as a child. On the soccer field, on the gym floor, in the band hall, or at an easel- wherever they put their dreams- I want to be able to say- sure, you can do that. And please, do your laundry.

I hope you'll help us get there!
xoxo,
Linz

No comments:

Post a Comment